http://www.cozy-digital.co.uk/
Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Central Park
Click to Decrease Text Size Click to Enlarge Text Size

 

Introduction

Cowdenbeath Football Club have played their football at Central Park since relocating there from North End Park in 1917. Central Park has a capacity of 4,370 with seating to the north and open terracing to the south, east and west.

The ground has had floodlights since 1968 and the highest attendance at Central Park, for any event, was the 25,868 who attended a cup  match with Rangers in 1949.

Football may be the primary function of the ground but Central Park is a duel purpose sports stadium which also hosts stock-car racing - the oval racing track encircles the pitch. It has hosted stock-car racing since 1965 and the racing community refer to Central Park as the ‘Cowdenbeath Racewall’. The Racewall hosts round 4 meetings per month - between March and November - and attracts large crowds.

Central Park has also hosted greyhound racing and speedway in the past and currently host a weekly open-air market.

Main stand

The main stand (north of the ground) is divided into two sections - The Alex Menzies Stand (‘New Stand’) which seats circa 500 and the West Stand (‘Old Grandstand) with circa 1,000 wooden seats. The old grandstand, the first of its kind at the time, held 3,500 people but was partially destroyed by fire in 1992. The Alex Menzies Stand was constructed in 1993, complete with new dressing rooms, board room, function suite and office facilities, and sits side-by-side with the remnants of the old stand. The main stand provides access to a food vendor and toilets. The Club Bar and Alex Menzies lounge are contained within while the Club Shop is located next to the food vendor at the back of the stand.

Terracing

The south side is a full uncovered terrace with food vendor and toilet facilities while there is further uncovered terracing behind each goal (east and west of the ground). The west of the terracing was the location of the popular ‘Coo Shed’ until it was blow down by a storm in 1983.

Directions

The main approach to Central Park is via the High Street with a car park situated next to the main turnstiles in the north east corner of the ground. The High Street can easily be accessed from the Cowdenbeath Junction off the A92. The ground is located within 5 minutes from the Cowdenbeath rail station.