Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

2014/15 Season News


Click to Decrease Text Size Click to Enlarge Text Size Print


PostedFebruary 11, 2015

The under 20 side played their first league game in two months and ran out 7-0 winners against Stirling Albionon Tuesday night. Dean Bret and John Armstrong continued their comebacks while Craig Johnston had a run out after missing the Fife Cup game at the weekend due to injury.
The game was only five minutes old when Stirling defender Alistair Petrie was red carded after brining down Johnston down on the edge of the box as the striker raced towards goal.
Dean BRETT took the resultant 20 yard free kick which flashed past keeper Robertson and in 24 minutes we doubled our advantage when John ARMSTRONG fired home low into the bottom corner from seven yards.
Two minutes later it was 3-0 when BRETT fired home another free kick from the edge of the box after Mitchell had been brought down.
The second half opened briskly and in 47 minutes Craig JOHNSTON ran through to lob the ball over Robertson to make it four and three minutes later he shot home his second goal of the night.
In 54 minutes Josh THOMSON headed home a fifth from a Brand corner. Stirling replaced keeper Robertson with Binnie11 minutes later and soon after Mitchell saw a shot come off the post.
Binnie denied both Johnston and McDonald but was beaten with five minutes to go when he lost possession to Mitchell who squared the ball to Craig BRAND to slot home.
TEAM:Jamie Sneddon, Josh Thomson, Dean Brett (Harvey Swan 85), Dale Finnie (Greg Pearson 64), John Armstrong, Aron Lynas, Craig Brand, Pat Scullion, Kyle Mitchell, Craig Johnston & Jack Wright (Ryan McDonald 64). Sub not used - Josh Wilson.
STIRLING ALBION:Sean Robertson ( Cameron Binnie 65) Stephen Al Sayed, Graeme Gwynne, Scott Davidson, Alistair Petrie, William Robertson, Aiden Stevenson, Jordan Herron, Kieron Magennis, Chris Paton & Greg Hurst, Sub not used - Connor McKenzie.
Reporter:Andrew Mullen.
Facebook Twitter