Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

2010/11 Season News

East Stirling 'A' 3 Cowdenbeath 'A' 0

Click to Decrease Text Size Click to Enlarge Text Size Print

East Stirling 'A' 3 Cowdenbeath 'A' 0

PostedSeptember 20, 2010

The Shire ran out winners in a game which was switched to the artificial surface at Stirling University.

The home side were first to threaten and Roy turned a shot from McAdam around the post for a corner in the opening minutes. At the other end Stewart headed just over following a Ferguson cross while Ferguson himself saw a 15 yard shot held by Sorley.

Shire opened the scoring nine minutes from the interval when Fraser Team broke through the Cowden defence to slot the ball past the advancing Roy from 18 yards.

Minutes into the second half O’Brien sent a 30 yard shot over the bar while Ferguson was denied by the keeper.

Team got his second goal of the night on 66 minutes when he fired home a high shot from the edge of the box which went in via the underside ofthe crossbar.

Cowden tried to get back into the game and a dipping 20 yard shot from Brett was tipped over the bar by the keeper while a Stewart header landed on the roof of the net.

With three minutes left on the clock Shire sealed the points when sub Jamie Glasgow slotted home a third goal.

TEAM: Ludovic Roy, Dean Brett, Paul Byrne, Thomas O’Brien, Mark Smith, Jamie Pyper, Brian Fairbairn, Kyle Miller, Greg Stewart, John Ferguson & Lee Sibanda. Subs not used – Lewis Milne, Michael Fleming, Simon Docherty & Lee Wilson.

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE: Gavin Sorley, Gerald O’Connell, Jed Fertore, Stuart Beveridge, Steven Jackson, Derek Ure, Steven Page, Bruce McAdam (Jamie Glasgow 83), Jordan Brown (Craig Scott 67), Fraser Team (Brian McKinlay 89) & Kenny Govan. Subs not used – Grant Kenneth & BenTough.

REFEREE: Mr Don Robertson.

Next up for Colin Cameron's side is a home game with league leaders Livingston which will take place at Central Park next Tuesday evening with a 7.30 p.m. kick off.

Facebook Twitter