Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Dundee 3Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 14th December 2010 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Steven McLean
Venue: Dens Park Attendance: 3503
Man of the Match: David Hay

After three and a half weeks without a game it was a rusty Cowden side which went down to a Dundee side which extended their unbeaten run to eight games with their fourth successive win.

There were two changes to the starting line up which had went down to Peterhead with Marc McKenzie and Mark Ramsay replacing Brian Fairbairn and Greg Stewart who both dropped to the bench.

The Dee went into the game with the advantage of getting a game under their belts the previous Saturday at Greenock and their sharpness showed through out the 90 minutes.

The opening stages saw the Dee create several good chances and both Higgins and Riley came close to breaking the deadlock.

After 17 minutes Winter cleared a Griffiths header off the line following a Forsyth corner with our first real chance coming just after the half hour when Dempster fired over.

Dundee broke the deadlock on 37 minutes when Griffiths took a McKeown pass and raced in on the Cowden goal with Hay parrying the ball with a fine save but unfortunately the ball fell to Craig Forsyth who lashed the ball home.

The Dee were looking for a killer second goal as the opening period wound down and Riley went close before Griffiths lobbed the ball onto the roof of the Cowden net after a good move.

The second half opened with Baxter setting up Dempster but his shot was well saved by Douglas.

Griffiths then tried his luck at the other end with an ambitious 30 yard chip when the better option may have been to slot the ball to Forsyth.

A long clearance from defence then sent Griffiths through on goal by Hay managed to tip the youngsters shot onto the post with Forsyth being unable to take advantage of the rebound.

Dundee however got their second goal after 65 minutes when a quick throw in from Lockwood was met by Griffiths who sent the ball to Nicky Riley who fired a low shot past Hay from the edge of the box.

Two minutes later it was 3-0 when a Forsyth cross was cleared for a corner. O’Donnell worked a short with Irvine who hit a cross over to the far post for Craig McKeown to head home his first Dundee goal.

As the game wound down Griffiths shot narrowly wide while Hay denied youngster McIntosh blocking the subs effort with his legs.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC