Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Dundee 2Cowdenbeath FC 2

Date: 26th March 2011 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Stephen Finnie
Venue: Dens Park Attendance: 4311
Man of the Match: Stevie Crawford

Goals in each half from Stevie Crawford and Scott Linton saw us leave Dens Park with a league point for the first time in almost 80 years but we can count ourselves unfortunate not to have taken all three.

It was once again a depleted side which took the field at Dens Park with Lee Makel and Archie Campbell both side lined after picking up injuries in the midweek game with Morton with Marc McKenzie and Crawford coming in as their replacements.

Cowden got the game off to a blistering start and McKenzie saw a long range effort just whistle past the post.

The deadlock was however broken after nine minutes when McKenzie sent over a cross from the left for Stevie Crawford who sent a glancing header past Douglas from 12 yards.

With 24 minutes gone however the home side grabbed an equaliser when a shot from Harkins spun off Jake Hyde and was picked up by Riley who fired the ball in for Hyde whose diving header beat Hay.

As the first half came to a close we almost restored our lead but McKenzie shot wide of the target with an angled shot.

The second period opened with O’Brien replacing Vauls in the visiting defence.

Dundee could have taken the lead within minutes of the restart with Riley finding himself in a similar position to McKenzie at the close of the opening period but fortunately he sent his shot wide.

With 12 minutes of the second period gone we restored our lead when a pass from Crawford saw Stewart send over a cross from the bye line which was met by Scott Linton who sent a diving header past Douglas.

Soon after we almost went further ahead when a corner fell at the back post to McKenzie but a great reflex save from Douglas saw the ball tipped over the bar for another corner.

The home side grabbed an equaliser with 17 minutes left on the clock, a slip from Baxter allowed Forsyth to race into the Cowden box before he slipped the ball to Hyde who slotted home his second goal of the afternoon.

As we went in search of a winner Crawford set up Robertson who fired high and wide of the target.

Coult who had replaced Stewart as the game ran down picked up the only booking of the afternoon when he fouled Weston in injury time.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC