Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Partick Thistle 1

Date: 15th February 2011 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Craig Charleston
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 411
Man of the Match: Joe Mbu

After passing an afternoon pitch inspection a battling performance saw us earn a point to take us up to seventh place in the league table.

There were four changes to the staring line up which had went down to Dunfermline with the injured duo of Colin Cameron and John Dempster on the side lines with Richard Vauls and Jon Robertson also dropping out.

Joe Mbu made a welcome return to the side along with Greg Stewart, Mark Ramsay and youngster Kyle Miller who was recalled from Tranent.

After the disappointment of Saturday we opened the game, which was played in terrible weather conditions, brightly and twice threatened the visiting goal in the opening three minutes.

Adamson set off on a great run before sending off a cross which was cleared by defender Robertson then Stewart brilliantly beat three defenders before unleashing a 12 yard drive which was saved by Fox.

Top scorer Doolan came close for the Jags in reply but it was Cowden who opened the scoring after eight minutes when Archie Campbell hit his first ever senior goal from the penalty spot after a hand ball.

Five minutes later the loan Ranger once again showed his danger making space for himself before forcing Fox to save at the second attempt with a 16 yard drive.

Thistle fought back as the interval loomed and Grehan burst into the Cowden box only to see his shot partially blocked by Hay before Armstong cleared the ball off the line.

We almost doubled our advantage early in the second half when a 30 yard effort from Armstong almost caught Fox up but the keeper managed to tip the ball over the bar, the the custodian brought out a great save to deny Stewart.

At the other end Boyle got into the box with his shot hitting off Hay before Crawford cleared the danger.

Sub Donnelly almost equalised for the Jags with 14 minutes to go when his shot took a deflection and bounced off the crossbar.

A minute later we had to re-organise the defence after Mbu had to be substituted and the visitors took advantage to grab a point with three minutes to go when Iain Flannigan picked the ball up on the edge of the area holding off two defenders before sending a low left foot shot past Hay.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Partick Thistle