Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Dundee 3

Date: 8th March 2011 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Euan Norris
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 977
Man of the Match:

Dundee gained revenge for their early season defeat at Central Park as they extended their unbeaten league run to 19 games equalling a club record set in their championship winning season on 1961/62.

There were two changes to the side which had staged a remarkable comeback at Stirling with Greg Stewart starting the game after his last gasp goals in the previous two games.

Scott Linton also returned to the starting XI while Lewis Coult dropped to the bench and Joe Mbu was ruled out due to injury.

Dundee took advantage of the conditions to put pressure on the Blue Brazil and in the second minute Forsyth ended a good run with a shot which went just wide of Hay's far post.

But a minute later Linton sent over a cross-cum-shot which Douglas held under his bar.

Douglas then saved well from Cameron's 25 yard effort and in 13 minutes only brave defending by Weston crowded out Campbell following a corner.

After a quiet spell for them Dundee took the lead in 23 minutes. Home skipper Baxter was dispossessed at the right hand corner flag by Forsyth and he drew Hay before squaring to Sean Higgins who netted from close in.

This lifted the visitors and Higgins went close before Harkins fired over, then at the other end Stewart's flick went wide after Douglas had missed an angled cross.

Dundee, aware of the strong wind advantage they had, tried to extend their lead but the best they could muster was an Irvine shot which went well over.

Cameron fired over from Stewart's knock-down two minutes into the second-half but in 49 minutes Dundee were awarded a soft penalty.

Stevie Crawford, back covering, was adjudged to have fouled Riley, despite few claims from the Dens players, and Matt Lockwood converted from the spot.

But within five minutes Cowden were back in the game. A long ball posed problems for Dundee and Greg Stewart collected before firing a low shot past Douglas from 12 yards out.

Dundee knew they were in a game now and they tried to re-assert themselves but Higgins wasted a good chance before Bayne saw his shot saved by Hay.

Crawford shot over from the edge of the box after a good Cowden move in 62 minutes and then eight minutes later, following a Linton corner, Malcolm's shot was blocked by Irvine.

Linton's throws were starting to become a real pain for Dundee and from one of them Crawford saw a fierce shot blocked by Weston.

Another Linton throw saw a series of headers bounce around the Dundee box and with Campbell threatening Douglas gratefully mopped up the danger.

Coult was sent on for Malcolm as time ran down but before he could touch the ball Dundee clinched the game.

With four minutes left substitute Stewart went on a run down the right and his cross was headed wide of Hay by Craig Forsyth.

No gallery images are available for this match.