Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 2Stirling Albion 0

Date: 15th October 2011 Kick off: 4:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Gary Hilland
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 312
Man of the Match: Craig Winter

Goals in each half from Jordan Morton and Marc McKenzie saw us move to the top of the table ahead of Arbroath on goal difference with our fifth successive win over the Albion.

There were a few changes to the starting line up due to injuries and illness. Dean Brett, Thomas O’Brien and Kal Naismith were sidelined with David Cowan coming in for his debut along with Joe Mbu and Morton.

It was a much changed visiting side with only Brian Allison and Josh flood surviving from the Albion side which went down to a similar score at Central Park in April.

We opened the game well and Filler had to look lively to deal with Linton and McKenzie efforts but Flood was a danger man for Stirling and only a timely Mbu tackle avoided him bringing Flynn into the game.

In 27 minutes we struck wood when Stewart's lob sent Cameron into the Stirling box and the player/manager's chip came off the face of the bar, but a goal was only delayed.

On the half hour Robertson sent Jordan Morton racing into the box where he was pulled down by Filler. The wide player got up and slotted the penalty past the keeper.

Albion kept working away and shortly before the break Cook's angled free-kick produced a good save from Flynn.

We opened the second period with Winter on for Cameron, who later said he felt his hamstring tighten, and within two minutes we were two up.

Adamson's good clearance was gathered by Stewart whose pass sent Marc McKenzie clear of the Stirling cover and he coolly shot wide of the stranded Filler.

Two minutes later Stewart's header from a Cowan cross was brilliantly finger tipped over by the 'keeper and then Stewart's shot was well held by the last line.

In 63 minutes McKenzie's pass to Adamson saw the full-back strike the bar with a raking 20 yard left foot shot and soon after a McKenzie cross was latched onto by substitute Coult and his header was brilliantly saved by Filler at the expense of a corner.

From McKenzie's set piece Robertson was first to the ball and his header was blocked by the 'keeper on the line.

As Stirling tired McKenzie posed more and more problems and from his cross Stewart saw his 12 yard volley finger tipped away by Filler and then Robertson took the winger's pass and saw his 14 yarder blocked by Filler.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Stirling Albion