Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Albion Rovers

Albion Rovers 3Cowdenbeath FC 3

Date: 3rd December 2011 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: John McKendrick
Venue: Cliftonhill Attendance: 407
Man of the Match:

After a lack of goals against Dumbarton the previous weeks we were treated to a six goal thriller at a rain sodden Cliftonhill.

After heavy rain in the west of Scotland in the days leading up to the game it came as no surprise to see a heavy surface at the Coatbridge ground.

To the credit of both sets of players however the teams served up an entertaining 90 minutes in the downpour.

Colin Cameron made two changes to his line up with Mark Ramsay returning at the expense of Jordan Morton and John Armstrong coming in for the injured Thomas O’Brien.

There were just two minutes on the clock when former Cowden front man Gemmell sent over a nice cross which Robert Love pushed over the line from close in.

As the Blues struggled Love latched on to a Chaplain pass and raced clear but Flynn spread himself well to deny the Rovers marksman.

We got level in 15 minutes though a trademark Linton corner which was met by Robertson whose flick opened up a chance for Mark Ramsay to net at the far post.

This allowed Cowden to dominate for a spell and Coult went close but at the other end Flynn had to save well from a Gemmell 25 yarder then Cowan cleared a Gemmell header off the line.

Before the break Flynn dealt brilliantly with an enterprising Chaplain overhead-kick effort.

Albion opened the second period in lively fashion with the visiting defence again under pressure and in 64 minutes Rovers re-took the lead.

A good move saw the ball played to Steven Lawless who slotted past Flynn with no defender able to close him down.

But Cowden raced up the park and levelled three minutes later. Adamson's cross was ideal for Jon Robertson to send a header looping over Gaston.

We continued to struggle to contain Rovers and with 18 minutes left we were behind once more.

Gemmell's cross evaded the Cowden cover and Lawless was lying perfectly placed to slot the ball wide of Flynn.

Stewart was sent on for Cowan as we reached the last throw of the dice and went for a two man strike force.

This posed Rovers extra problems and with eight minutes left Armstrong picked out Greg Stewart with his pass and the big striker fired the ball past Gaston to earn the point which keeps Cowden in pole position in the table.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC