Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Stirling Albion

Stirling Albion 0Cowdenbeath FC 2

Date: 14th April 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Craig Charleston
Venue: Forthbank Stadium Attendance: 568
Man of the Match:

Goals in each half from top scorers Lewis Coult and Marc McKenzie took us within touching distance of the championship after Arbroath went down to local rivals Forfar.
There were three changes to the side which went down to Arbroath. Kenny Adamson was suspended; Gary Fisher was out after hobbling off the previous week while Dean Brett dropped to the bench.
David Cowan returned to the starting line up along with Mark Ramsay and Liam Cusack.
The Blue Brazil, backed by 199 travelling fans, got off to the perfect start with an opening goal after just six minutes.
McKenzie’s quick burst of pace left Crawley stranded and his inch perfect looping cross was met by Lewis Coult at the back post and he sent his six yard header past Reidford.
Five minutes from the interval the Binos were thrown a lifeline to get back into the game when Armstrong brought Davidson down in the box and referee Charleston pointed to the spot.
The Binos joint top scorer picked himself up to take the spot kick which was brilliantly saved by Flynn, who followed it up by denying Smith.
The hosts had a claim for a second spot kick three minutes into the second half when Armstrong brought Smith down in the box but a free kick outside the box was awarded for an offence in the build -up.
Flynn then had to be at his best after 68 minutes when he tipped a Smith effort over the bar.
As the clock wound down we secured the points when a neat move from subs Lyle and Stewart saw Marc McKenzie through on goal and he coolly slotted the ball past sub keeper Filler, who had replaced the injured Reidford.
Armstrong was booked for the penalty offence and Crawley and Thom of the hosts followed him into referee Charleston’s book.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC