Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Bo'ness United

Bo'ness United 0Cowdenbeath FC 3

Date: 19th November 2011 Kick off: 1:45pm
Competition: Scottish Cup Referee: Paul Robertson
Venue: Newtown Park Attendance: 1176
Man of the Match: Lewis Coult

Goals from Jon Robertson, Scott Linton and Lewis Coult saw us through to the Fourth Round of the William Hill Scottish Cup against a Bo’ness side which ended the game with nine men.

It was our first competitive game at Newtown Park since 30th January 1937 when we beat the original Bo’ness F.C. 6-0 in a Scottish Cup tie.

There were two enforced changes to the side which had beaten Stenhousemuir the previous week. John Armstrong was unavailable due to work commitments while Hearts asked us not to play on loan Jordan Morton.

The Bo’ness side contained a sprinkling of former SFL players including former Central Parker Jay Shields.

The game opened with few chances coming for either side with the first real drama of the afternoon coming after 22 minutes when debut boy Ryan Scanlon, who had been yellow carded a few minutes earlier, was given a straight red card after a lunging two footed tackle on Cowan.

Naismith went close with a couple of efforts before Jon Robertson finally broke the deadlock seven minutes from the interval when he headed home a Linton cross.

Early in the second period Naismith almost doubled our advantage when he saw a 30 yard free kick crash off the underside of the home crossbar.

Bo’ness had their best chance of the afternoon just after the hour when a cross from Duffy fell to Hunter who sent his shot just over the bar.

With 66 minutes gone Coult who had replaced Ramsay sent over a cross from the right for Scott Linton to head home.

Walker had a chance to reduce the deficit when his shot was headed over the bar by O'Brien.

Six minutes from time the home side had claims for a penalty waived aside by referee Robertson after Mbu challenged Walker in the box.

Three minutes later however there was a spot kick at the other end when Lewis Coult was bundled off the ball by Snowdon and picked himself up to cheekily chip home from the 12 yard spot.

Home frustrations then saw Stuart Hunter sent off after aiming the ball at the ‘Flamingo’ as he celebrated his sixth goal of the campaign.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC