Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Montrose 2Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 4th August 2012 Kick off: 4:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Des Roache
Venue: Links Park Attendance: 312

An injury depleted side crashed out of the Scottish Communities League Cup at the first hurdle last Saturday.
David Cowan, Kenny Adamson, Mark Ramsay and Greg Stewart were side lined with injuries but Colin Cameron returned to the side after missing the Alloa game.
The first action of the afternoon saw home defender Watson pick up a booking for a challenge on McKenzie in the first minute.
Ten minutes later McKenzie was once again fouled by Watson and from Linton’s free kick Coult headed just wide of goal.
Soon after Masson was brought down by O’Brien but Gray’s free kick was blocked by the defensive wall.
McKenzie then broke into the home box but his shot landed on the roof of the net.
Soon after Stevenson sent a long throw in into the box but Mbu’s powerful header went just past the post.
Brett then sent the ball towards the home goal but keeper Wood safely gathered the ball before O’Brien could challenge.
It was however the home side who broke the deadlock after 31 minutes when Martin Boyle headed home a Gray cross.
As we tried to get back into the game Stevenson fired in a long range shot nine minutes from the break but his effort was comfortably saved by Wood and minutes later Coult sent an effort high over the bar.
Three minutes from the break Gray fired in a shot which was turned around the post by Flynn at the expense of a corner.
A minute later Paul Watson doubled the Gable Endies advantage when he fired home a low shot from the edge of the box.
The start of the second half saw Garcia Rey replaced by Miller and within sixty seconds the hosts had a claim for a penalty waived aside by referee Roache after Armstrong clashed with Boyle in the box.
Soon after Flynn had to be at his best once more, as he turned a free kick from Watson away for a corner.
McKenzie set up Miller whose shot went wide of the target then O’Brien slotted the ball to Coult but the striker was caught offside.
McKenzie once again set up Miller but the youngster’s header went just over the bar.
Milne then replaced Brett as we reshuffled the pack in one last effort to get back into the tie.
With ten minutes to go Miller once again had a good chance to reduce the deficit but his shot from a Linton corner was cleared off the line by Campbell.
A goal eventually came in the closing minute when Coult set up Mark McKenzie who fired high into the middle of the home goal but with only two minutes of added time we were unable to grab an equaliser.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC