Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Partick Thistle

Partick Thistle 2Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 22nd September 2012 Kick off: 4:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: William Collum
Venue: Firhill Attendance: 2527

A penalty and an own goal saw Partick Thistle make it six league wins on the bounce as we fell to a second successive defeat at Firhill last Saturday afternoon. There were three changes to the starting line- up which went down to Morton with David Cowan and Mark Ramsay replacing Dean Brett Thomas O’Brien while Zeph Thomas made his first start covering for the injured Lewis Coult. The home side pretty much dominated the opening 45 minutes and in 13 minutes home fans were shouting for Cowden keeper Flynn to be red carded after he brought down Elliot just outside the box but thankfully referee Collum just booked him. The only goal of the half came after 25 minutes when McKenzie had a rash tackle on Erskine just inside the box and Aaron Muirhead confidently slotted home his first goal for the Jags from the spot. Five minutes from the interval Flynn pulled off a good save to turn a 25 yard shot from Lawless around the post to deny the Jags a second goal and minutes later the youngster shot just over. The second half opened with Milne replacing Miller in the Cowden midfield and within four minutes we were back on level terms when McKenzie fed the ball to Jamie Stevenson who unleashed a powerful shot from 30 yards which keeper Fox got a hand to but was unable to stop it from flying into the top corner of the net. The goal gave us a sense of confidence and Mine came close to giving us the lead but his shot was blocked by Fox, while McKenzie rolled the ball across the face of the Jags goal but the danger was cleared for a corner which saw both Armstrong and McKenzie came close with headers. The sucker punch however came with 20 minutes to go when Sinclair put a cross in which went across the face of the Cowden goal and Scott Linton’s attempted clearance flew into the net. It was harsh on Linton and on the team but with a player behind him he had little option. As the game drew to a close Ramsay had a decent effort on goal with seven minutes to go but Fox saved while at the other end Flynn denied Forbes.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC