Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Falkirk 1

Date: 29th September 2012 Kick off: 4:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Stevie O'Reilly
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 699

After two successive defeats from Partick Thistle and Morton a goal from Lewis Coult saw us get our league campaign back on track.
There were two changes to the side which had went down to a narrow defeat the previous week with Lewis Milne and Coult replacing Kyle Miller and Zeph Thomas.
We went close in the opening minute when Coult fed Milne and his 18 yard shot went just over the bar.
But it was the Bairns who opened the scoring two minutes later when Duffie sent over a good cross which Cowan was slow to react to and this allowed David Weatherston to fire the ball home from six yards.
The Bairns then looked to add to their opener and minutes later a long throw from Kingsley reached Taylor but the English frontman shot over from 12 yards and then McGrandles tried his luck with a wind assisted 40 yard shot which was comfortably held by Flynn.
With 17 minutes gone we drew level when the visiting defence was caught out by a long ball from Cowan and Lewis Coult chested the ball down before coolly firing the ball into the corner of the net from 14 yards.
Kingsley’s long throws continued to be a threat and from one Armstrong defied Higgins with a brave challenge but injured his mouth in the process.
At the other end Stevenson saw a 10 yard shot creep inches wide of the target after the visitors were caught out by a McKenzie pass.
Armstrong eventually had to be replaced by O’Brien after his mouth injury and as the clock ticked down to the break Taylor fired over from 25 yards and soon after he headed just over from a Higgins corner, while just on the whistle Flynn defied Higgins.
As the visitors looked to restore their lead a Flynn flick from a Murdoch free kick hit O’Brien and rolled wide while on the hour mark McKenzie fired in a 12 yard shot which was well saved by McGovern and five minutes later he fired in a fierce drive from 25 yards which went inches wide.
As the game wound down a misplaced punch from Flynn fell to Small and his 18 yard shot went just wide while Taylor brought out another good save from the Cowden custodian.
At the other end both Stewart and Ramsay went close but we had to settle for a point.

No gallery images are available for this match.