Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Airdrieonians 1

Date: 17th November 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: David Somers
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 412

A goal 13 minutes from time by Gregor Buchanan denied us our first league win since we beat the Diamonds at the Excelsior Stadium back in September.
There were two changes to the side which had went down to Dumbarton the previous week with Dean Brett and Colin Cameron returning to replace the injured Marc McKenzie and Mark Ramsay.
After failing to score the previous week we quickly went in search of an opener and Stewart had two good early chances to break the deadlock.
In just seven minutes he was set up by Coult but his left footed shot was saved by keeper Adam who had returned to the Diamonds the previous day on loan from St Mirren.
Soon after the on loan keeper once again denied Stewart turning his effort round the post.
Not content with stopping goals the keeper then tried his luck at getting on the score sheet himself after 23 minutes when he launched a long kick out which thankfully Flynn saved.
Seconds later, at the other end Coult whipped in an inviting cross across the face of the Diamonds box with Stewart just failing to connect.
Just short of the half hour Adam was once again the visitors hero when he blocked a Cameron shot with his legs while ten minutes from the break Flynn did similar with an effort from Donnelly.
A minute later Donnelly headed just over from a Watt corner but the first period closed goal less.
Once again we opened the second period brightly and in 50 minutes Coult slipped the ball to Stewart but his shot went wide of the target.
On the hour we once again came close when Stewart done well to catch the ball at the corner flag and sent over a cross to Coult who laid the ball off to Cameron whose shot was saved by Adam. At the other end Di Giacomo headed wide after good work by Boyle.
We eventually made a breakthrough after 69 minutes after a succession of corners. From Adamson’s initial flag kick a Miller header was cleared by Blockley on the front post at the expense of another corner which was whipped over by Stevenson for Greg Stewart to head home from close range.
Soon after we had the chance to kill off the Diamonds challenge when Flynn launched a long kick out which was collected by Coult who broke into the visitors box but shot straight at the keeper.
At the other end Boyle had a good shot on the turn from the edge of the box which flew across the Cowden goal but thankfully went wide.
However the Diamonds grabbed an equaliser with 13 minutes on the clock when Warren sent in a free kick into the Cowden box which was headed home by Gregor Buchanan from eight yards.

No gallery images are available for this match.