Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Falkirk 2Cowdenbeath FC 0

Date: 15th December 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Paul Robertson
Venue: The Falkirk Stadium Attendance: 2647

After being idle the previous two weeks due to the weather we finally got back into action at the Falkirk Stadium.
There was one change to the side which had went down at Greenock with Colin Cameron restoring himself to the starting line up in place of Albert Puigdollers Saperas who had returned to Spain.
We almost got off to a dream start in the opening minute when McKenzie picked up on a short pass back and rounded the keeper before cutting the ball back to Stevenson whose curling shot from 12 yards out was headed off the line by Flynn.
The home sides reply saw Duffie send over a cross from the bye line to McGrandles but thankfully the youngster’s header was turned around the post by Flynn.
Midway through the first half Fulton found himself unmarked in the Cowden box but lost his footing at the crucial time and the opportunity was lost while at the other end Adamson sent a free kick from the edge of the home box just wide of the target.
Seconds later O’Brien intercepted to head a Grant cross over his own bar as Taylor looked to open the scoring.
Twelve minutes from the interval the home side broke the deadlock when Grant was bundled in the box by Adamson and Taylor chipped the loose ball over the advancing Flynn into the Cowden net.
However referee Robertson’s whistle had gone for a spot kick and after Adamson was booked Stewart Murdoch slotted home the spot kick past the unfortunate Flynn who dived the right way.
The home side then went in search of a killer second goal and after O’Brien and Ramsay go into a mix up Grant curled a shot just wide of the post.
Taylor then sent a shot straight at Flynn while Armstrong did well to block a sibbald effort.
However with just three minutes to go to the break the home side got that second goal when Sibbald sent over a cross to Lyle Taylor who hit home a scissors kick from 12 yards.
The second period opened with Taylor sending a shot into the side netting, while soon after Sibbald shot over.
Flynn then pulled off a point blank save from Fulton as the home side looked for a third goal.
As the game drew to a close we almost grabbed a consolation goal in the dying seconds when an Adamson cross was met by Armstrong whose bullet header went inches wide of the post with the home keeper beaten.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC