Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Raith Rovers

Raith Rovers 2Cowdenbeath FC 2

Date: 29th December 2012 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Calum Murray
Venue: Stark's Park Attendance: 1877

For the third time in two games we lost a two goal advantage to the Rovers as we had to settle for a point at Starks Park in the closing game of 2012.
There were two changes to the side which had drawn with Livingston. Kenny Adamson was serving a one game suspension while Colin Cameron dropped himself to the bench, while Lewis Milne and Jamie Stevenson who were to get our goals returned to the starting line- up.
The game opened with Mbu trying his luck with an audacious 40 yard chip which was held under the crossbar by keeper Laidlaw.
It took us only nine minutes to open the scoring when McKenzie took advantage of poor defending and picked out Lewis Milne who fired home in off the post from 12 yards.
Coult then tested Laidlaw with a low 25 yard shot as we looked to increase our lead.
Rovers then mounted a series of attacks with their best chance coming on the half hour when Grant Anderson shot straight at Flynn from eight yards.
Three minutes from the break we doubled our advantage when Hill missed a tackle on Jamie Stevenson who was then brought down by fellow Central Parker Ellis who was booked.
Stevenson then picked himself up to slot home the resultant spot kick past keeper Laidlaw.
However two goals in a three minute period early in the second half saw the Kirkcaldy side get back into the game.
With 50 minutes gone Dougie Hill got on the end of a Smith cross to send a downward header past Flynn and three minutes later Greig Spence latched onto a Graham pass to fire home at the near post.
Rovers went looking for a third goal and a shot from Grant Anderson came off Cowan in the Cowden box with Raith fans and player claiming a penalty but the well place referee waived their claims aside.
Soon after Anderson forced a good save out of Flynn while Graham’s shot from the rebound came off the bar, although the flag was up for offside.
After weathering the storm we came back into the game and Stevenson had an opportunity to restore our lead after McKenzie was fouled by Mensing but his free kick from the edge of the box went narrowly over the bar.
Coult came close but his shot was blocked at the expense of a corner while a six yard shot from Armstrong was blocked by Laidlaw.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC