Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Hamilton Academical

Hamilton Academical 2Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 12th January 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Iain Brines
Venue: Fountain of Youth Stadium Attendance: 1021

Two quick fire goals just after the hour mark saw Hamilton run out narrow winners at New Douglas Park to end our four game unbeaten run.
There was one change to the starting line- up which had drawn with Morton with Scott Linton coming in in place of Kenny Adamson.
Accies had the first attack of the afternoon in the first minute when Page sent a long ball into the Cowden box but Flynn cleared the ball away from the advancing May.
At the other end a Linton free kick was headed on by Stanton into the path of Hemmings but keeper Cuthbert go to the ball to deny the loanee.
With 16 minutes gone Hamilton’s Neil was booked for a foul on O’Brien and from the resultant free kick by Linton O’Brien had a low shot on goal which was saved by Cuthbert.
Six minutes later Longridge fired in a 25 yard shot which flew over the bar. It was Cowden who were to open the scoring in 24 minutes when Linton sent a cross into the home box for Kane Hemmings to send a curling shot home via the underside of the crossbar for his first senior goal.
Accies response was almost immediate and Crawford outpaced a Cameron challenge and sent over a cross into the Cowden box which Longridge sent inches wide of the post.
Minutes later Routledge became the second home player to be booked for a foul on Stanton.
The home side then closed the opening period with a succession of long range shot from Crawford, Longridge and Fraser.
However in the closing minute of the half Hemmings found space but his shot on goal was blocked by Gordon.
Six minutes into the second half Accies boss Billy Reid made two changes which went onto turn the game in his sides favour with Gillespie and MacKinnon replacing Fraser and McGlinchey as he switched to a 4-4-2 formation, and soon after we replaced the injured O’Brien with Miller.
Just short of the hour Accies players made a claim for a penalty as a Canning shot was deflected for a corner but the claims were waived aside by referee Brines.
In 61 minutes Accies drew level when a free kick from Crawford was punched clear by Flynn and the ball eventually fell to Gilespie who drilled the ball across the face of the Cowden goal for Jonathan Page to slot a low shot into the far corner of the net. In the aftermath of the goal Cameron was booked for protesting to the referee.
Four minutes later the home side went in front when Stevie May sent a curling shot into the far corner of the net from 18 yards.
A dramatic period then saw Hamilton captain Neil red carded following a second booking for a foul on Linton.
Caddis then beat a few defenders before sending in a shot which was held by Cuthbert.
Cameron relaced himself with McKenzie andStevensoncameon forBrett but we were unable to break through the home defence for the elusive equaliser and to conclude a bad day Cameron was ordered from the technical area in the dying seconds for comments made to the match official.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC