Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Partick Thistle

Partick Thistle 2Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 26th January 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Crawford Allan
Venue: Firhill Attendance: 2543

Despite opening the scoring for the sixth successive game we left Firhill pointless as the Jags fought back to keep on the tail of leaders Mortont.
There were three changes to the side which had went down at Hamilton a fortnight previously.
Colin Cameron was serving a one game ban after being sent off at New Douglas Park, Sam Stanton had picked up an injury in training while David Cowan dropped to the bench.
Kenny Adamson, Jamie Stevenson and Lewis Coult all returned to the starting line -up.
With nine minutes on the clock on loan Kane Hemmings opened the scoring for the second successive game when he found himself through on goal afteraflick onby Coult, which defender Balatoni failed to intercept, and coolly slotted the ball wide of keeper Fox into the corner of the net.
Ten minutes later Hemmings looked for a second goal with a shot from the edge of the box which was easily gathered by Fox.
Thistle battled back however and eventually got an equaliser after 25 minutes when Welsh sent over a cross to Steven Craig, who had grabbed the winner in the Ramsens Cup Semi Final, who fired home at the second attempt after his initial attempt had been blocked by Flynn.
We had a glorious chance to restore our lead when Caddis went on a run from the half way line and weaved his way through the home defence and set up Coult at the back post who blasted his shot high over the bar with the goal at his mercy.
Minutes later Forbes saw his curling free kick from the right wing come off the post before being cleared for a corner.
A minute from the break Flynn tipped a 30 yard free kick from Forbes over the bar. From the resultant corner by Forbes the Jags got what proved to be the winner with Conrad Balatoni volleyed the ball home from 12 yards.
With 58 minutes gone Coult limped off with an ankle injury to be replaced by McKenzie for his 100th Cowden appearance.
Minutes later Flynn kept us in the match when saved Erskine’s shot from the edge of the box and then Balatoni came close to grabbing his second goal of the afternoon but fortunately for us his header came off the bar.
Soon after, we made our second change of the afternoon with Miller replacing O’Brien.
As we went in search of an equaliser Stevenson sent in a 35 yard shot which whisked just past the far post.
With nine minutes to go Welsh had the ball in the Cowden net but his ‘goal’ was disallowed for a foul.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC