Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Raith Rovers 1

Date: 23rd February 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Brian Colvin
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 1078

A late goal from Greg Stewart ensured a point and the third draw of the season with the Rovers.
There was one change to the side which had lost at Livingston with Jon Robertson returning to replace Kyle Miller.
In the opening minute Brett was almost punished for a poor pass which was gathered by Grant Anderson and his shot was deflected by Armstrong although the assistant referee’s flag was up for offside.
Anderson then sent over a cross which was headed clear by Brett under pressure from Graham.
Brett was also involved at the other end and sent a cross into the Rovers box which was deflected off Malone’s head and held under the bar by keeper McGurn.
Malone then set up Graham with Armstrong making a timely tackle as Rovers top scorer lined up a shot.
Midway through the half Coult got free of the Raith defence and cut the ball back to Hemmings who delayed his shot allowing Ellis to clear.
On the half hour Adamson’s cross was laid off by Coult to Milne but his 22 yard shot went over the bar.
The second half opened with Flynn parrying a Graham shot at the expense of a corner and from Walker’s flag kick the visitors opened the scoring with Brian Graham heading home from six yards.
Rovers were looking lively and went in search of a second goal and Flynn pulled off a fine save from Graham’s low eight yard shot before Grant Anderson burst through on the right and his low cross was just missed by the in rushing Clarke.
Just short of the hour Colin Cameron changed his frontline with Coult and Hemmings being replaced by Moore and Stewart.
Soon after Linton fired in a 20 yard shot which was held by McGurn while with 20 minutes to go Stevenson sent over a corner which saw Armstrong’s header saved by the diving McGurn.
Flynn then denied Clarke saving his 12 yard shot while a 14 yard effort from Milne was saved by McGurn.
But with eight minutes left on the clock we got a deserved equaliser when a Moore shot was saved by McGurn with the ball falling to Greg Stewart who slotted home his sixth goal of the season.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Raith Rovers