Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Dumbarton 2Cowdenbeath FC 2

Date: 2nd March 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Mike Tumilty
Venue: The Stadium Attendance: 748

It was the proverbial game of two halves at the Bet Butler Stadium as we picked up our first away point of 2013.
There were two changes to the side which was beating Partick Thistle in midweek with both Dean Brett and John Armstrong returning to the defence with Kyle Miller and Jason Naismith dropping to the bench although Naismith had to withdraw after getting injured in the warm up with Jack Nicholson being drafted in.
In 11 minutes we broke the deadlock when Stewart weaved his way through the home defence setting up Jamie Stevenson who clipped the ball past Grindlay from ten yards.
Minutes later we almost doubled our advantage when Stewart found Moore but the youngsters close range shot came off the post.
After being second best in the first half the Sons came out for the second half determined to get back into the match and within seconds Gihaney was through on goal but Flynn dived bravely at the edge of the box to deny the dangerman.
However it was at a cost and just after the hour mark he had to be replaced by Wight.
The back up keeper was quickly called into action when McGinn knocked a long ball to Gilhaney who crossed the ball to Lister who fired in a shot from the edge of the box.
Wight managed to block the shot but Bryan Prunty was on hand to fire home the rebound.
Worse was to follow with just six minutes remaining McGinn found Scott Agnew with a cross field ball and with suspicions of offside the midfielder controlled the ball before slotting home to give the Sons the lead.
We refused to give up however and as the game went into the 90th minute McKenzie sent in a cross to Craig Moore in the six yard box and the youngster fired home.
In injury time the youngster almost grabbed a dramatic winner but his close range shot went just over the bar.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC