Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Hamilton Academical 1

Date: 9th March 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: George Salmond
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 370

With both sides looking to move away from the bottom end of the First Division it came as no surprise that both teams managed to cancel each other out as we recorded our third successive draw.
With Thomas Flynn ruled out due to injury and Jon Robertson returning to St Mirren there were two changes to the side which had drawn at Dumbarton, with trialist Colin Stewart in goal and Thomas O’Brien returning to the line- up.
After their mid- week win over league leaders Morton Accies arrived at Central Park in a confident mood and opened the game brightly.
With just three minutes on the clock former Cowden loanee Fisher could have opened the scoring but his low 18 yard shot went just past the post.
In 17 minutes Stewart was called into action making a terrific fingertip save to deny Gordon’s curling effort from the edge of the box.
With 23 minutes gone we were handed a blow when O’Brien, who was making his 60th appearance for us, was carried off injured to be replaced by Ramsay.
The visitors then opened the scoring with 32 minutes gone when Stevie May out muscled the Cowden defence to latch onto a long ball by Gillespie before coolly slotting the ball low into the far corner past Stewart.
Six minutes later we got back on level terms with our first effort on target when Craig Moore rose to head home a Linton cross despite the best efforts of keeper Cuthbert to keep the ball out.
Just on the interval the on loan frontman almost gave us the lead when with only the keeper to beat he sent his 12 yard shot just wide of the post.
In a low key second half both sides had their chances to grab all three points with Stewart palming a MacKinnon effort away while at the other end a Stevenson free kick was held by Cuthbert.
As the game moved into the closing stages Longridge blazed over from May’s cutback with eight minutes remaining and Linton sent a free kick over the bar.
In the dying seconds Stewart did well to push away a Longridge effort and ensure what could be a vital point come May.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Hamilton Academical