Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 0Partick Thistle 3

Date: 27th March 2013 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Craig Charleston
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 716

Our much postponed and abandoned game with Partick Thistle wasfinally completed at the fifth attempt thanks to the stern efforts of supporters and youth players who cleared the snow from the Central Park surface.
There was one change to the side which had gone down at Cappielow the previous weekend with Colin Stewart returning to the goal with Lee Wilson dropping to the bench.
The Jags were first to threaten in when Erskine sent over a fine cross to Doolan but before he could get a shot in Armstrong cleared the danger.
Minutes later Erskine set up Lawless but the striker slipped as he prepared his shot and Naismith booted the ball to safety, before Craigen tried his luck with a back heel from an O’Donnell throw.
Thistle eventually took the lead in 24 minutes with a bit of good fortune. Greg played a pass back to Colin Stewart and under pressure Doolan intercepted to slot the ball to Steven O’Donnell who rolled the ball into the empty net.
We fought back forcing three successive corners but it was the visitors who were to score again on the half hour.
A Craigen corner was flicked on and Kris Doolan was well placed to head home his 50th goal for the visitors.
Things got worse for us eight minutes from the break when Naismith took a head knock after a clash with keeper Fox and was replaced by O’Brien.
The second half kicked off with our second change of the night with Ramsay replacing Milne.
Craigen came close to adding to the visitors’ goal tally just after the hour with his 18 yard shot drifting wide of the post.
With 20 minutes to go the game was effectively over when O’Brien brought down Doolan just outside the box. From the resultant free kick from Sinclair Stewart pulled off a finger -tip save.
With 11 minutes to go Doolan got his second goal of the night who headed home after Stewart had blocked a Craigen shot.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Partick Thistle