Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Falkirk 0

Date: 14th September 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Mr Calum Murray
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 644

A last gasp goal from substitute Greg Stewart gave us a second successive home league win.

There was one change to the starting line-up which had beaten Dumbarton with Andrew Russell returning in place of the injured Jamie Stevenson.

Falkirk had a good chance to take the lead in nine minutes when Vaulks floated the ball over the top for Roberts to run onto. He was in acres of space and with Cowden appealing in vain for offside, they were lucky the Falkirk striker miscued and Adam stooped to pick up the ball.

Hemmings was then robbed just as he tried to take on Vaulks in the box before Falkirk missed another fabulous chance.

O’Brien’s slip allowed Fulton to advance and he picked out Duffie in 22 minutes but a poor finish kept the score leve.

Hemmings immediately tried to break the deadlock, thumping in a fierce 25-yarder that away keeper McGovern managed to get two hands to.

Loy threatened before the break, just failing to get a good connection on Roberts’ delivery before trying to catch out Adam with a long range effort.

Fulton’s deflected strike, grasped at full stretch by Adam, was as close as Falkirk got after the break with the Bairns midfielder later robbed in the act of shooting by a perfectly timed challenge by O’Brien.

Hemmings forced McGovern into a good save at his near post before tricking his way into the box and setting up sub Morton, who screwed his 64th minute shot over the bar.

Armstrong almost provided the breakthrough, meeting a long throw and powering in a downward header that McGovern did well to get a hand to.

There was a loud penalty claim from the home fans when the ball appeared to strike Fulton’s hand but although the appeal was ignored they were cheering moments later.

Falkirk couldn’t clear their lines and with no-one in a rush to challenge Greg Stewart, he chested the ball down and bounced a shot into the bottom corner for an 88th minute winner.

No gallery images are available for this match.