Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


QOS 1Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 12th October 2013 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Mr Andrew Dallas
Venue: Palmerston Attendance: 1514

A goal five minutes from time from Andy Dowie denied us our first away win of the season.

There was one change to the starting line up from the Dundee game with David Cowan replacing Dean Brett who dropped to the bench.

Queen’s had the first chance of the afternoon after just four minutes. O’Brien fouled Lyle and McShane floated the resultant free kick into the box but neither McGuffie or Russell were able to latch onto it.

A minute later at the other end Stewart was fouled on the edge of the box but Morton’s free kick was blocked by the defensive wall.

Minutes later we had another good chance to take the lead when Hemmings broke through but his shot was parried for a corner by Antell.

The home defence was looking fragile and a Stewart shot was parried by the keeper with Dowie clearing the danger.

As the Cowden pressure continued Wedderburn headed the ball into the path of Hemmings but he sent his shot wide of the target.

With eleven minutes gone we eventually took a deserved lead when Stevenson picked up a poor clearance and slotted the ball to Greg Stewart who fired towards goal from just inside the box.

Antell dived to save but somehow allowed the ball to slip from his hands and trickle over the line.

From their first corner of the match in 23 minutes Queen’s almost grabbed an equaliser when McShane’s kick was met at the far post by Lyle but fortunately for us the former Central Parkers header came off the crossbar.

The second half saw the home side open the game more brightly with Flynn knocking a Russell cross into the path of Holt whose header was comfortably saved by the keeper.

McShane then sent over a cross to the unmarked McGuffie who sent his header wide of the target. Paton then attempted to chip Flynn who was able to grab his 12 yard effort.

There was drama on the hour mark when Morton and Holt tussled on the touchline with both men picking up yellow cards.

Six minutes later we had a good chance to get a second goal when Robertson latched onto a defensive mix up and went round Antell, but after going down was booked for simulation by referee Dallas.

McShane and Paton then came close for the home side before they finally drew level after 85 minutes when Andy Dowie headed home from close range following a McShane corner.

The drama was not over however and seconds later a poor pass back from the goal scorer was picked up by Stewart who rounded the keeper but Higgins managed to get back and clear his shot off the line.

Then as the clock ticked down Stewart was denied once again as Antell tipped another shot over the bar.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC