Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

  Previous Match
Next Match  


Livingston 2  Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 16th August 2014 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 1st Division Referee: Euan Anderson
Venue: Tony Macaroni Arena Attendance: 1147

Back in November 1995 on our first visit to Almondvale Stadium we became the first team to ever win at a game at the West Lothian ground however since then we have failed to beat the Lions on their own patch and the run continued last Saturday. There was one change to the side who had drawn with Falkirk the previous week with Craig Johnston picking up a hamstring injury during the previous Thursday’s training session he was replaced by Chis Kane. Yet we opened the game well enough and in the second minute O’Brien fired in a shot which was well saved by keeper Jamieson. Then in seven minutes Brett did the spadework for Higgins but the striker hurriedly fired over from a good position. But it did not take Livi long to start to take a grip of the game and in 15 minutes they threatened with a Keaghan Jacobs shot which was blocked by Armstrong. Play was scrappy at times but the home side’s White got clear of the visiting rear guard and Flynn came to the Cowden rescue and at this stage the Blues were not really posing the home side too many problems. Indeed, as time ran down to the interval a goal simply did not look like coming for either side. Yet within seconds of the re-start Livi were ahead. As the Cowden defence appeared to be caught cold by Keaghan Jacobs’ shot, which Flynn palmed out, Danny MULLEN took advantage to fire in a fierce drive which Armstrong blocked, but the linkman followed up to score. The Blues retaliated and Brett got forward and his shot was inches too high. But Livi again threatened just after the hour when a White header went wide, as the home side continued to look the more likely side to grab a goal. Milne went close for Cowden with a good right foot shot that was blocked in 73 minutes but seconds later it was 2-0. Keaghan Jacobs set up Jordan WHITE and his fierce right foot shot beat Flynn to give us a tough assignment. Sutherland was sent on along with Jurisic and the former had a shot saved by Jamieson with six minutes left. We kept pressing for a goal and Robertson struck the bar and with 60 seconds left we got one back. Sutherland cut in from the left and gave MILNE the opening and his finish was perfect. It set up a frantic time added on period and we pressed for the equaliser but time was against us. TEAM: Thomas Flynn, Kenny Adamson (Iain Campbell 77), Thomas O’Brien, John Armstrong, Nat Wedderburn, Jon Robertson, Lewis Milne, Sean Higgins, Chis Kane (Danijel Jurisic 77), Dean Brett & Kyle Miller (Craig Sutherland 67). Subs not used – Darren Brownlie, Liam Callaghan, Aron Lynas & Robbie Thomson. Goal: Milne (89). LIVINGSTON: Darren Jamieson, Jason Talbot (Craig Sives 76), Callum Fordyce, Kyle Jacobs, Keaghan Jacobs, Burton O’Brien, Declan Gallacher, Michael McKenna, Jordan White, Gary Glen (Mark Burchill 83) & Danny Mullen (David Robertson 88). Subs not used - Paul Grant, Myles Hippolye, Jack Beaumont & Shaun Rutherford. Goals: Mullen (46), White (74). Booking: White (82).

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC