Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 2Peterhead 2

Date: 12th September 2015 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 1 Referee: Mr David Munro
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 301

A spirited performance saw us twice come from behind to claim a point despite playing over 40 minutes of the second half with ten men when Mo Yaqub was sent off after picking up a yellow card.
It was an unchanged Cowden line up after the narrow defeat at Airdrie the previous week while former Central Parker Jamie Stevenson returned to the Blue Toon bench after injury.
The game was only two minutes old when we went behind for the first time. Yaqub tripped Sutherland in the box and Rory McALLISTER stepped up to fire the resultant spot kick past Sneddon.
A minute later the young keeper denied Sutherland with a finger tip save from his 30 yard shot.
At the other end with nine minutes gone Spence shrugged off Ross but his right footed shot was blocked by keeper Smith.
However six minutes later we got back on level terms when a long ball from El Zubaidi was poorly dealt with by keeper Smith and Gordon SMITH took the ball and rolled it past the keeper for his first goal for us.
Spence once again went close soon after then a Noble shot from 18 yards was turned around the post by Sneddon.
Six minutes from the break Scullion got on the end of a Murdoch corner but his header was held by the keeper.
Then as the half drew to a close, ElZubaidi made a timely tackle to thwart McAllister, then in stoppage time Sneddon tipped a 25 yard free kick from the frontman over the bar.
The second half was four minutes old when we went down to ten men for the fifth time this season when Mo Yaqub was sent off after picking up his second yellow card of the afternoon for a foul on Kerr.
Sneddon once again denied McAllister in 57 minutes but four minutes later Peterhead took the lead once more when Shane SUTHERLAND shot high into the net from the edge of the box.
In 70 minutes Orritt was brought down by Kerr but Brett’s free kick went just wide of target.
McAllister then sent a header across the face of the Cowden goal before Sneddon pulled off a good save to deny Redman.
The young keeper was then once again to the rescue as he held a close range shot from Strachan.
Then a minute later we were back on level terms when a long clearance from El Zubaidi bounced over Gilchrist and Greig SPENCE took full advantage and coolly slotted the ball past Smith for his third goal of the season.
TEAM: Jamie Sneddon, Dean Brett, Mo Yaqub, Pat Scullion, Aldin El Zubaidi, Declan Hughes, Gordon Smith (Sam Orritt 35), Andy Murdoch, Greig Spence, Robbie Buchanan (Kenny Adamson 50) & Craig Johnston (Kyle Miller 64). Subs not used – Shaun Hunter, Chris Kane, Liam Callaghan & Luke Armstrong.
Goals: Smith (15), Spence (81).
Bookings: Yaqub (2), Buchanan (17), Scullion (45 +2).
Sent off: Yaqub (49).
PETERHEAD: Graeme Smith, Cammy Kerr, Steven Noble, Scott Ross, Ally Gilchrist, Ryan Strachan, Jamie Redman (Jamie Stevenson 64), Kevin Dzierzawski, Jordon Brown (Nicky Riley 58), Rory McAllister & Shane Sutherland (Leighton McIntosh 79). Subs not used – Andy Rogers, Nathan Blockley & Scott Ferries.
Goals: McAllister (2), Sutherland (61).

No gallery images are available for this match.