Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 2Peterhead 3

Date: 20th February 2016 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 1 Referee: Mr Matt Northcroft
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 359

Despite twice coming from behind twice we were left with nothing to show for our efforts as the Blue Toon grabbed a winner with 15 minutes to go to extend their unbeaten league run to 14 matches.
There was one change to the side which had drawn at Brechin with keeper Alin Roman coming in for his debut due to Grant Adam being ill.
The Romanian stopper had to be alert after just two minutes when Sutherland set up McAllister but the keeper saved his effort.
Five minutes later he was called into action once more diving to save a 35 yard free kick from Stevenson.
At the other end Spence set up Brett but his 14 yard drive was blocked by Gilchrist.
The Blue Toon took the lead after 15 minutes when Ryan STRACHAN sent a 35 yard shot past the diving Roman.
We quickly pressed for an equaliser and five minutes later a Brett shot was blocked by Gilchrist at the expense of a corner.
Roman then denied Sutherland whilst a Gibbons effort was blocked by the visiting defence.
With 27 minutes gone we were back on level terms when a good run down the right wing saw Spence send the ball into the Peterhead box with Beaumont allowing the ball to fall to Declan McDAID to fired home his first senior goal from ten yards.
The visitors however quickly got back in front two minutes later when slotted the ball home from seven yards.
Roman then denied the former Dundee forward six minutes later and three minutes from the break he was replaced by Riley after picking up a knock.
The first action of the second half three minutes in saw Roman once again deny Sutherland but two minutes later it was Cowden who were to score.
Sutherland handled the ball out on the left wing and Jack BEAUMONT stepped up to fire his angled free kick through a packed Peterhead box.
McDaid sent a long range shot wide while Roman once again did well to block a Riley shot on the hour.
A 35 yard free kick from Beaumont then went just wide of target three minutes later.
Peterhead however clinched the points after 75 minutes when Riley sent a cross from the right into the path of Jamie REDMAN who shot home from ten yards.
A minute later Roman taking advantage of the strong wind saw a goal kick bounce over Smith and just over the bar.
McAllister then sent a shot over while Brett did likewise with a shot from the edge of the box.
TEAM: Alin Roman, Brad Donaldson, Fraser Kerr, Pat Scullion, Kenny Adamson (Mo Yaqub 46), Chris Kane, Dean Brett, Jack Beaumont, Declan McDaid, Kieran Gibbons (Ross Caldwell 78) & Greig Spence. Subs not used – Jamie Sneddon, Aldin El Zubaidi, Declan Hughes, Craig Johnston & Colin Nish.
Goals: McDaid (27), Beaumont (50).
PETERHEAD: Graeme Smith, Nathan Blockley, Leighton McIntosh (Nicky Riley 42), Simon Ferry, Ally Gilchrist, Ryan Strachan, Jamie Stevenson, Jamie Redman, Rory McAllister (Andy Rodgers 82), Shane Sutherland (Marc Lawrence 86) & Kevin Dzierzawski. Sub not used – Paul Jarvie.
Goals: Strachan (15), McIntosh (29), Redman (75).
Bookings: Gilchrist (45), Strachan (62), Stevenson (84).

No gallery images are available for this match.