Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 1Elgin City 1

Date: 14th March 2017 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 2 Referee:
Venue: Central Park Attendance:


Tuesday 14th March, Ladbrokes League Two Match No 27, Att 278.

An early second half equaliser from Dale Carrick with his third goal of the season gave us a valuable point against promotion chasing Elgin at Central Park on Tuesday night.

There was much pre game drama as the game was held up for 35 minutes kicking off at 8.20 with the match officials and half the Cowden team held up in traffic due to the closure of the Forth Road Bridge.

When the match eventually kicked off there was one change to the side with David Syme making his debut taking over from Brian Ross who failed to make it through the traffic build up on time.

Elgin had the first chance of the game in the opening minute with Dodd shooting wide from the edge of the box while a Buchanan effort was blocked on the edge of the six yard box.

Both Renton and Carrick then saw efforts blocked by the Elgin defence but it was the visitors who broke the deadlock with 20 minutes gone when Reilly slotted the ball to Brian CAMERON who sent a low shot past Sneddon.

Six minutes later a long throw from Pyper found Renton but his shot was saved by McKay.

Nine minutes from the break Renton cut the ball back to Buchanan but his shot was blocked on the line by McHardy.

As the first half drew to a close Elgin had a good chance to double their advantage but Sneddon gathered Dodd’s free kick.

Our equaliser came seven minutes into the second half when a long ball down the left from Henderson was picked up by Dale CARRICK and he fired home from a tight angle.

Just after the hour a Mullen 20 yard free kick went just over the bar while a Carrick shot minutes later was blocked McKay.

The keeper was once again called into action in 67 minutes to block a Buchanan effort while Renton sent a free kick over the bar with 20 minutes to go.

As the game drew to a close Henderson attempted an audacious effort at the City goal with a free kick in the centre circle which went narrowly over the bar.

TEAM: Sneddon, Pyper, Rumsby, McLauchlan, Rutherford, Mullen, Buchanan (Moore 87), Syme, Henderson, Carrick & Renton. Subs not used – McGurn, Glen, Johnston, Miller & Muirhead.

Goal: Carrick (53).

Booked: McLauchlan (45 +1).

ELGIN CITY: McKay, Cooper (Nicholson 39), McPhee, McHardy, Brownlie, Reilly, Stewart, Cameron, McLeish, A Sutherland (S Sutherland 46) (Gunn 52) & Dodd. Subs not used – Waters, Reid, Moore & Smith.

Goal: Cameron (20).

Booked: Nicholson (62), McHardy (69).

REFEREE: David Munro.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Elgin City