Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match


Montrose 1Cowdenbeath FC 1

Date: 2nd January 2018 Kick off: 3:00pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 2 Referee: Scott Lambie
Venue: Links Park Attendance: 543

We once again showed great spirt at a rainy Links Park to comeback and earn a well deserved draw against the league leaders on Tuesday afternoon at a rainy Links Park,

Gary Bollan stuck with the same starting line up for the third successive game with new signing Craig Henderson on the bench along with trialist keeper Daniel Terry.

Montrose had former Cowden man Lewis Milne on the bench after he had signed earlier in the day from Forfar.

There was a scare in the opening minute when Fraser got on the end of a Campbell free kick and his shot was parried by McGurn with Rumsby clearing the danger.

Muirhead then broke through at the other end but his shot was saved by Fleming while Masson sent a shot wide of the Cowden goal in a busy start to the game.

Another Campbell delivery into the box saw Fraser head wide while Swann weaved his way through the Montrose defence but his angled shot was tipped over by the keeper.

Steeves then sent a cross over for Webster but his shot was well wide of the target. As the first half closed a Swann cross was intercepted by Campbell with Buchanan waiting at the back post then a cross from McLaren was headed wide at the back post by Steeves.

We made a bright start to the second half with Brad Smith laying the ball to Muirhead who saw his shot parried for a corner by Fleming.

Then after three successive Cowden corners and the ball bounce about the home box Swann eventually headed over.

Fleming then once again had to be at his best on the hour when he parried a 15 yard shot from Brad Smith.

However with 68 minutes gone the hosts took the lead when Gary FRASER got on the end of a Campbell free kick into the box to head home.

With ten minutes to go we got a deserved equaliser when a shot from McInally was knocked onto the post by Fleming and Robbie BUCHANAN slotted home the rebound for his third goal in the last three games.

Minutes’ later sub Johnston broke into the Cowden box but McGurn parried away his shot as the sides closed the game.

McGurn, McInally, Swann, Pyper, Rumsby, Miller, Mullen, Malcolm, Muirhead (Henderson 67) (Garden 87), B Smith & Buchanan. Subs not used – Terry, Rutherford, Fotheringham, Whitaker & Connelly.

Goal: Buchanan (80).

MONTROSE: Fleming, Webster (Johnston 71), Steeves, Allan, Dillon, I Campbell, Masson, Watson, Fraser, McLaren (Templeman 60) & Callaghan (Milne 63). Subs not used – Millar, Hay, R Campbell & Cavanagh.

GOAL: Fraser (68).

No gallery images are available for this match.

Cowdenbeath FC