Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 0Clyde 3

Date: 27th March 2018 Kick off: 7:45pm
Competition: Ladbrokes League 2 Referee: Stephen Brown
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 374

Our four game unbeaten run came to an end as Clyde won a league game at Central Park for the first time in 36 years.

There was one change to the starting line up with Brad Smith returning at the expense of Brandon Luke.

With just two minutes gone Mullen floated a free kick into the visitor’s box which was headed clear by Duthie. Then minutes later Cox saw a cross from the left cleared by McNiff for a corner.

It was however the Bully Wee who opened the scoring after 11 minutes with their first shot on goal Cuddihy put Chris McSTAY through on goal to send a curling shot into the bottom corner of the net.

Midway through the first half Cogill intercepted a Swann cross with Cox ready to pounce while at the other end Boyle sent a shot from the edge of the box just wide.

Buchanan then saw a shot turned around the post for a corner by keeper Gourlay and on the half hour he put Malcolm through but the keeper made a point blank save.

Sheerin then sent a shot wide and a minute from the break we had the ball in the Clyde net when Gourlay appeared to drop the ball from a cross but a free kick was awarded against Malcolm instead of a goal.

Clyde showed their intentions for the second half a minute in when Cuddihy set Goodwillie through but his shot was blocked by McGurn although he was ruled offside.

Miller then saw a shot from the edge of the box go wide before David GOODWILLIE added a second goal for the visitors a minute past the hour when he was set up by Lamont before sending his shot into the bottom corner.

McGurn then saved from McStay while Cox saw a free kick blocked by the wall after Sheerin had been brought down on the edge of the box by McNiff.

With 71 minutes gone Cox sent in a long range effort which was turned for a corner by Gourlay while the stopper denied Reilly six minutes later.

McSTAY however got a third goal with nine minutes remaining when Goodwillie flicked the ball into his path for him to slot home his second goal of the night.

Then with three minutes to go a Goodwillie shot was parried by McGurn with the defence clearing the danger.

TEAM: McGurn, Mullen, Swann, Pyper, Rumsby, Miller, Cox, Malcolm, Sheerin, Smith (Reilly 61) & Buchanan. Subs not used – Penman, Hornby, McInally, Luke, Whittaker & Fotheringham.

Booked: Mullen (66), Miller (79).

CLYDE: Gourlay, Duffie, Stewart, McNiff, Cogill, McStay, Cuddihy (Love 74), Grant, Goodwillie, Boyle (Nicholl 67) & Lamont (Lowdon 74). Subs not used – Currie, Kipre, Osadolor & Martin.

Goals: McStay (11, 81), Goodwillie (61).
Booked: McNiff (64).

No gallery images are available for this match.