Welcome to Cowdenbeath F.C. - Contact Us

Previous Match
Next Match

Cowdenbeath FC

Cowdenbeath FC 3Stirling Albion 3

Date: 27th April 2010 Kick off: 8:45pm
Competition: Irn-Bru 2nd Division Referee: Thomas Robertson
Venue: Central Park Attendance: 1084
Man of the Match:

A goal five minutes into injury time saw our championship ambitions end as Stirling Albion completed a dramatic second half comeback before Central Parks biggest crowd of the season.

Not surprisingly Danny Lennon started with the same side which had beaten Brechin although Kenny Adamson replaced Craig Winter on the bench.

The game was only two minutes old when McQuade had the ball in the net but he was clearly offside.

The opening goal wasn’t long in coming however when following a Ramsay corner after five minutes Darren McGregor found himself unmarked and his low shot came off Forsyth on its was into the Stirling net.

We doubled our advantage after 23 minutes when Ramsay’s cross was palmed out by keeper Christie and McQuade turned the ball across the face of the Binos goal where Gareth Wardlaw fired home from close range.

On the half hour a McGregor pass sent Wardlaw clear but defender Page put in a timely tacke.

Wardlaw however got his second goal of the night seven minutes later when he was given plenty of space by the visiting defence and saw his shot hit both posts before rolling back to him where he picked his spot from six yards.

Soon after McBride broke clear but saw his shot defect off Page for a corner.

We opened the second half with a low McBride shot being held by Christie but it was the visitors who were to get on the score sheet after 51 minutes when a Colquhoun cross was met by Forsyth and the ball fell to Iain Russell who headed home.

The goal spurned the visitors back into life but with 14 minutes to McQuade had a good chance to kill off their challenge when he rounded the keeper but his shot was cleared off the line by Graham.

With four minutes to go Russell threw his side a lifeline when he headed home his second goal of the night from close range.

The killer blow then came in the 95th minute when Forsyth fired a long free kick into the Cowden box and Andy Graham’s looping header beat the advancing Hay and rolled into the net.

No gallery images are available for this match.

Stirling Albion